Regarding to the criteria of Environmental Policies & Management, GreenHotels’ team, examines the following parameters at each one of its candidate hotels members:
- Hotel’s licenses are up to date
- The environmental management of the hotel is supervised by a competent department which is consisted of either by people from the hotel staff either by a specialized company or a combination of both.
- The environmental operational policy and management of hotel, is being communicated to the whole staff so as all of them to act on the same basis and towards the same target: that of protection of the environment
- Staff training on environmental management
- The environmental operational policy and management of hotel, is being communicated to the customers. Also, hotel staff motivates them so as to adopt eco-friendly practices not only for the duration of their staying but also to their daily life
- Provide customers with an environmental questionnaire so as to learn from them and have a remarkable feedback
- Use and promote local products, cooperate with certified suppliers
- Smoking is not allowed in hotel’s public spaces
- Hotel has been recently eco certified, e.g. ISO 14001, EMAS, Eco Label
The total score of each hotel in this criterion depends on and is calculated by the number and the nature of the above parameters which are being satisfied by hotel.
The maximum total score in “Environmental Policies & Management” for each hotel is 35.